Now that we have said goodbye to sweaty days and beach bum vogue, it’s time to brace ourselves for the cold. With epic snowstorms, as well as colder-than-average temperatures in the offing, you can gear up on fall and winter essentials as you update your wardrobe.
Here are some fall and winter basics that allow you to keep warm and toasty even in the thick of winter:
- Ravean Heated Jacket. Lightweight and well-insulated, this jacket nixes the need for bulky layers. This jacket comes with temperature controls, allowing you a lot of flexibility in the midst of a schizophrenic winter. You not only get to choose the temperatures you want, you can also choose the sections you want heated! The sleek design also outlines your figure in a flattering way.
- Ultra-skinny jeans or leggings. Go for a figure-flattering streamlined silhouette with skinny jeans and leggings. Pair these with flat boots or ballet flats and your Ravean jacket for the casual look. Slip on a dressy top paired with point-toe heeled boots for an evening date.
- Over the knee boots. Add a short summer dress or an oversized cardigan for a smart and sexy look. For a more casual but edgy vibe, wear over tight jeans paired with a jacket or over leggings and a long t-shirt and a sweater. Generally, flat over the knee boots work well for girls with long, lean legs, while heeled boots can make a curvy girl’s legs look longer.
- Ankle boots. This all-season wardrobe staple is more versatile than high boots. They look fabulous with a jacket and jeans, with tapered trousers or a maxi dress. When wearing jeans, you can simply roll or double cuff the hems above the boots or tuck them right over the boots.
- Neckerchiefs. Be on-trend and master the layered look with neckerchiefs. These are lighter than big wooly scarves but provide adequate warmth for the neck. This trendy accessory can add a pop of color and style to your look, if you are wearing basic black.
- Stockings. Repurpose your summer dresses and transition them to winter wear with a pair of tights. You can choose from among sheer tights, fishnet tights and opaque tights. Basic black tights are a must-have but you can go brave and bold by experimenting with tights in different colors and textures.
- Statement earrings. Get your fair share of oohs and aahs with a pair of statement earrings. These can be tassle, earcuff and chandelier earrings. The latest trend is to wear a single earring or to wear a mismatched pair.
- Beanie. This comfy and practical piece does not need to be frumpy. With some styling, you can pull of a chic look with a beanie while protecting your head from the cold. Simply wear the beanie over your forward, place it at a downward angle behind your head, making sure that your ears are covered. You can wear your hair down or with a braid so you do not have to worry about having “beanie hair” or creating a bulge under your hat.
- Selfie-ready gloves. When you have your OOTD down pat, it’s time for a selfie. Get a pair of gloves that are designed for use with touch-screen devices. Also, choose a pair that has heating capabilities, such as the Ravean gloves that can connect to the Ravean jacket. These gloves do not feel and look bulky, so you don’t feel like you are wearing boxing gloves in your effort to keep warm.